By the Gates of the Garden of Eden on Amazon or at CreateSpace

Thursday, September 4, 2014

9/4/14 - Beta Readers are Great



I have my beta readers hard at work, and they are doing a fine job of bringing things to my attention that need to be fixed. Things like typos, grammar, etc...

Here is an example of encouragement from one of them. This actually wins some kind of  award in my mind for awesomeness.

"...instead of telling us how tired and hungry (Character) is, describe the dead pain in his feet and muscles cramping with each movement; and knots in the pits of his stomach, the sweat running down his back, the stench of body odor burning his nose, etc."

Hope to use this trick when I write. I need to do a better job of showing and not telling.

Great Advice!

Go Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment